– What you Need to Know
Art is an easy easy way for kids convey what they are feeling. Pictures help you express your feelings. Please share your drawings and know it is fine to talk about them.
You will find it easier to put your feelings into pictures rather than to talk about them out loud.
- Feeling angry and scared is normal. It’s OK to talk about it
- What you think and how you feel is very important.
- Never get in the middle of a fight. Remember your safety plan and use it to get away and call for help.
- You are a wonderful child and you are very loved
- Find an adult you can trust and tell them what is happening with your family.
– Cool Activities
- Indoor camping: Camp out in the living room, den, basement, or garage
- Indoor game of ‘Hide and Seek’ with prizes or treats to win
- Start a garden: Therapeutic for parents and kids to play in dirt and grow plants, herbs, fruit and veggies
- Play board games: Teaches critical thinking Arts and crafts: Drawing, coloring, painting, play dough, etc.
- Try a new cookie or cake recipe: Bonus idea – Set up a camera or smart phone and film a cooking show!
- Make a time capsule: One day your kids can use it to tell their kids all about this craziness.
– Questions for Kids
Stay out of the fight. You can be hurt by things that get thrown or by blows intended for someone else.
- Go to your safe place.
- Go to a friend or neighbor’s house.
- If you can’t get outside safely, then go to your room or another safe place in the house.
- Call for help (911).
No, the yelling, screaming, and fighting is because adults are having problems.
- The violence is not your fault.
- You are not alone— other families have this problem too.
- You are loved and they care about you.
– Zethan’s Update
Time spent with family is always the most fun, and with the recent world events, I have had ample time to spend with my favorite kiddo! We have been having loads of fun together doing everything from golf cart rides through the neighborhood to movie nights with lots of popcorn! Zethan has been loving so much time spent together, and it is always exciting for me to see his smiling face when we hang out.
Some tips I have been using to maintain some normalcy have been to try to make everything a fun task and to recreate normal activities at home. We have been cooking together, doing laundry, coloring, and learning activities, sending Daddy care packages filled with his favorite goodies and lot’s of love!
Zethan is always interested in helping and doing whatever Mommy is doing! One easy way to have some fun at home is to recreate a movie night for yourself and the family. We love to watch all kinds of movies, making popcorn together makes it feel like a real movie night, and let’s not forget the video games! My other tip would be to get some fresh air. We may be sheltering for a while, but that doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy some good Vitamin D! Zethan and I love going for walks and riding in the golf cart, so we can drive by his new “big boy school.” Let’s just say, he is beyond excited for school to start back!